LEARNER’S ACADEMY IS A DRIVING SCHOOL PROVIDER WHICH IS NOW OFFERING A 40 HOUR MINISTRY OF TRANSPORTATION APPROVED IN CLASSROOM CURRICULUM FOR BEGINNER DRIVER EDUCATION (BDE).
In-Classroom and In-Car training.
Our In-class session include real life situation on “What went wrong” driving case studies on different driving conditions and environments. Our professional instructors are well spoken and talented coaches that will guide our students with defensive driving strategies and personal driving experiences on how to perceive risks before they happen on the road and how to deal with dangerous environments on the road, and “how to” implement defensive driving maneuvers and skills.
Courses are divided in two schedules:
- Weeknight classes: The sessions are divided into 5 sessions starting at 5:30pm to 9:30pm weekday nights for one consecutive week. You start your first session on Monday, followed by Tuesday, Thursday, Monday and ending the following week on Tuesday (9 day duration)
- Weekend: The sessions are divided into 4 sessions starting at 10:00am to 3:30pm on weekends for two consecutive weekends starting on Saturday, Sunday, followed by the following weekend Saturday and ending the following week on Sunday. (9 day duration)
Learn from the best trained and patient instructors across Canada who will provide you with clear and articulate instruction.
– Right of way rules
– Insurance at fault determination rules R.R.O. 1990, Regulations 668
– Threshold / ABS braking
– Rear crash avoidance
– Observation Strategies
– Head-on collision avoidance
– Emergency braking
– Brake and avoid techniques
– Swerving techniques
Additional Driving Skills Covered:
– Emergency road side stop
– Parallel Parking
– “S” Approach at Large Intersections
– Highway and Freeway driving
– Stall Parking Reverse and Front In
– Risk perception
– Handling adverse conditions
– Parking on hill with curb and no curb
A BDE program graduate will be eligible upon successful completion of the BDE program with shorter wait time to their road test appointment by 4 months and insurance discounts.We will follow the upcoming COVID-19 guidelines and regulations that the Ontario government make. More information here:
You have selected the In-Class training module, which includes:
- 20 hours in-class training
- 10 hours home-link (homework)
- 10 hours in-car training
Course Fee: CAD $699.99 plus G.S.T.
(includes non-refundable deposit CAD $100).
Note: All Inclass classes are canceled due to Covid-19 until further notice. We will be posting new dates for 2021 sometime in the near future. We will keep you updated.
In car defensive driving lessons and online classes are still open and available with appointments. Thank you.